Goodtrippers is an online eco-friendly travel magazine featuring the eat/sleep/do for responsible travellers. Our readers are a particularly engaged audience interested in responsible travel (from luxury to budget), adventure travel, volunteering holidays, round-the-world trips, camping and the great outdoors, eco-friendly days out, wildlife and the environment, charity, and sustainable dining and local food.
If you want to work with us to reach this audience, there are a number of ways you can get involved:
- Guest blogs
- Sponsored posts
- Affiliate programmes
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Media Kit including fees and requirements.
Goodtrippers is all about sharing recommendations with fellow travellers. We can’t do it without your contributions so if you’ve recently experienced a great eco hotel or restaurant, or been on an amazing volunteering project, we’d love to hear about it!
If you’d like to be one of our guest bloggers, take a look at existing content on Goodtrippers to get a feel for the type of content we publish, our house-style, and what we’ve already covered. Please note: We only cover eco-friendly and responsible travel topics, NOT generic travel content. In addition to that, some guidelines include:
- The main body of your blog should be approx. 350-500 words long and should be your first-hand account of your recommended accommodation, restaurant, attraction or volunteering project
- Write in the first person and don’t be shy of adding your own thoughts and feelings – personal insights (funny or sad) make for a much more interesting read!
- Are there any practical concerns that are worth mentioning (is the cafe only open 3 days a week? Does the volunteering project require a moderate level of fitness? Is the hotel in a remote location?)
All posts should also include:
- ‘Good’ credentials (bullet points of why the recommendation fits the Goodtrippers ethos – whether it be its commitment to reducing energy consumption and waste; its emphasis on local, organic and sustainable food; its positive impact on the local community and environment; the ways it goes above and beyond standard eco practices)
- ‘Recommended for…’ (one line highlighting the best thing about it)
- ‘Be aware that…’ (something you like may not be to everyone’s taste; help manage expectations of your fellow Goodtrippers and add a line, perhaps something you wish you’d known before you arrived… We already know you recommend this place, but not everything’s perfect – adding this will help give a more balanced review)
- About you (please add your name, an image, one line description about yourself, e.g. “PR living in London, covering the globe one country at a time”, plus any website and social media platform you’d like to include)
- Photos – For a travel site, pictures are essential. Include at least one picture (up to eight) for inclusion in your blog post
- Please note – We may need to edit your blog post (for spelling, grammar, length etc) – please do not be offended, we never intend to change your views or the overall angle of the piece.
If you’re a commercial company, or acting on behalf of a commercial client, looking to secure some exposure through links and mentions, we recommend a sponsored blog post: this can either be submitted as a pre-written post, or commissioned for Goodtrippers to write in-house. Please get in touch regarding fees for either option. Here’s an example of a successful sponsored post – one of the most popular posts of 2013.
Before getting in touch, please note:
- We only publish content relevant to eco-friendly, responsible travel, NOT generic travel content
- Sponsored posts should include one link to the sponsor (please be upfront about the sponsor) and will be added as a ‘no follow’ link in accordance with Google and UK Internet Advertising Bureau guidelines
- All sponsored posts will be sign-posted as such
- Post writers should follow our regular guest blogger guidelines (as detailed above) to ensure content is relevant and fits Goodtrippers’ house-style – we reserve the right to edit material to suit house-style (and edited material will be shown to you for approval before publication)
We welcome running competitions with companies looking to promote relevant products and/or services that will be of particular interest and relevance to Goodtrippers readers. Competitions are promoted on the website, and via our Twitter feed and Facebook page. This competition, run with sustainable eaterie Pieminister, generated hundreds of entries, clicks and social media links.
We welcome approaches from companies looking to place adverts relevant to our travel and eco-aware audience. Get in touch for a range of options depending on advert size, length of campaign and page placement.
If you or your clients are looking for new channels to sell a product or service of interest and relevance to the Goodtrippers reader, we’d be more than happy to discuss an affiliate partnership. Our sales channels include the website plus our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook) and our monthly e-newsletter.
We look forward to working with you!