Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is flinging open the farm gate at River Cottage HQ for the annual summer fair (and you could win a family ticket in our competition below!)
It’s all happening down on the farm at River Cottage HQ…. The River Cottage Summer Fair will be celebrating the best of the season with a weekend of live music, cookery, hands-on masterclasses, talks and tours, gardening tips, kid’s entertainment, and local food and craft stalls this August.
This family-friendly festival, taking place Sat 15th and Sun 16th August, is one of the River Cottage team’s twice yearly celebrations. It’s also a chance to peek behind the scenes at River Cottage HQ, meet the team, see the animals and gardens, and enjoy the very best of what’s in season from the River Cottage food tent. Food and drink will be available all day and evening with a licensed bar serving local ciders, beers, wines and bubbles.
There is a full programme of events that stretch from mid-morning coffee and cakes whilst taking in the beautiful surrounding scenery, through to dancing away to live music at the gig nights way beyond sunset.
River Cottage Summer Fair tickets: Day tickets for the fair (10am – 4pm) are £12.50 per adult; children under 12yrs go free. Book via firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 01297 630 300.
Gig Nights – music for a summer’s evening
The evening programme kicks off from 6pm on Friday 14th with funk, soul, blues and disco from Plymouth’s finest 10-piece, Joey the Lips. On Saturday 15th Tankus the Henge, a foot-stomping powerhouse of a band, take to the stage.
Gig night tickets: Gig nights only are £15 per adult for 6pm – 10.30pm. Book via email@example.com / T: 01297 630 300.
For more information visit www.rivercottage.net/summerfair
Location: River Cottage HQ, Trinity Hill Road, Axminster, Devon EX13 8TB. Nearest train station: Axminster (direct from London Waterloo) which is 5 minutes away in a taxi.
We have one family ticket (up to two adults and two children under 12yrs) to the River Cottage Summer Fair for either Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th August to give away.
To win, simply share this post on Twitter (making sure to include the Twitter handles @Goodtrippers and @RiverCottageHQ) before 5pm on Tuesday 21st July.
One winner will be selected at random and contacted via Twitter before Friday 24th July.
Terms and conditions (please read before entering)
- One entry per person
- One ‘entry’ counts as one individual sharing this post on Twitter and including both of the handles @Goodtrippers and @RiverCottageHQ
- All entries must be received before 5pm (BST), Tuesday 21st July 2015
- Competition open to residents of the UK and the Republic of Ireland only
- Employees (and their immediate families) of River Cottage and Goodtrippers are excluded from entering this competition
- One winning entrant will be picked at random – judges’ decision is final
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize
- It will be assumed all entrants have read and accepted the competition terms and conditions